The New Year is finally here and I couldn't be more excited. 2020 has such a nice ring to it and it's easy to remember. Usually it takes me awhile to remember changing the year to the new one when writing dates down. As with every New Year we are so eager for a fresh new start, a second lease at life. We love making resolutions but often time we don't follow through. Life gets in the way, our busy schedules, children and events. I've always struggled with self discipline and every year I say this is going to be my year. To keep me accountable I have done some research and lucky for you I have come up with some resolution ideas and tips and tricks to follow them. When I think of resolution I think of self discipline. That's the key to accomplishing any goal you would like to achieve. It's easier said than done. Self disciple is a form of self love. In order to practice it you'll have to say NO to a lot of things. No to that new show on Netflix, no to social gatherings, no to short trips. Here are a few New Year resolutions that anyone can manage and incorporate in their daily lives.
2. Fix My PostureI definitely have tech neck from all the slouching I do on a daily basis! I have the worst posture and the older I get the worst my posture looks. It's hard when your job requires you to sit in front of your computer all day. It feels so comfortable to slouch rather than sit up straight for 5-8 hours. This year I have decided to be mindful of how I sit , walk and sleep. I sleep in a fetal position which is so bad your posture and your back. There are a few tricks and tools that I plan to use to improve my posture.
- sleep on my back
- setting reminders on my phone
- tuck my stomach in
- keep a sticky note on my computer that says "posture"
- wear Upright GO
3. MeditateI have been meditating for about two years on and off. This practice makes such a difference in my life and strengthens my focus in other areas of my life. I get disappointed with myself when I don't meditate and procrastinate because it really is such an amazing practice and it can really change your life. This is year I plan to make meditation a priority. Here's how:
- set my alarm 20 minutes earlier
- go to bed by 10 p.m
- download the app Headspace
- find a mediation buddy a.k.a hubby
4. Skin and Hair TLCWhy on earth is it such burden to wash your face at night? I struggle with this. I don't have a skin routine and I envy those girls that do and care about their skin. Washing my make up off is a chore for me but I really try to go to bed with a fresh face but piling on different creams and serums that's a whole other story. As I enter my mid thirties I can see some visible sign of aging and I don't like it! Since it's not too late to do something about it I plan to give my skin and hair the attention they deserve by:
- Start my night skin routine as soon as I get home from work
- Change pillow case to a silk pillow case to prevent wrinkles.
- Sleep on my back
- Wash my hair twice a week instead of every other day
- Wrap my hair night so it stays in place
- Replace semi permanent hair extensions with clip in hair extensions