Memorial Day makes the first official day of summer. It’s also the day where we celebrate and remember those who died in active military service. Those who gave their lives in all America's wars. Also, those who are Veterans and current members of the US military. I'm assuming you have better plans this Memorial's Day weekend than to worry about your hair. It doesn't mean that you have to resort to a lazy messy bun. Keep scrolling for these simple hairstyles perfect for a holiday weekend.
Crown Braid PonytailI love this texturized ponytail and think you'll be surprised at how simple it is to achieve! You'll need a few bobby pins, hair tie and a clear elastic. In the photos here Makenna is wearing Cashmere Hair extensions in the shade Pale Ash Blonde! This braided headband is so simple to achieve and makes the average ponytail so much fun! Just separate out a good sized section of hair from your pony, then braid it all the way down and secure with an elastic. Then, wrap the braid up and around to the other side, securing with bobby pins. Once bobby pinned in place, separate the braid just a bit for added texture to the braid. The Cashmere Hair extensions allow the braid to reach to the other side without being too short, yay for added length!
Double Dutch Braid
This casual, beach-vibey style is very girly and fun. It's very easy to create and the best part is that there is no need for prep. You just braid your hair in it's natural state. Here's how to do it:View this post on Instagram
- Section off two sides of your hair separating them in the middle so you don't get confused when braiding.
- Start with one of the sides and divided into three sections. This is where it gets a little confusing. Dutch braids are the opposite of french braids. When doing a french braid you are pulling he pieces of hair under one another. So with the dutch braid you are going to pull the pieces of hair on top of one another. The right piece goes under the middle and then the left under the middle while adding more hair from the root.
- Secure your braid with a clear elastic and follow the same steps for the other side.
One thing about fashion that we can always count on is that trends will always recycle at some point. This year all the new buzz is about Scrunchies. They are back and better than ever. One company in particular has renamed scrunches calling them the Hair Cloud. The hair cloud is not cheap as it's made with vintage Chanel and Hermes silk scarves starting at $200. Oh la la! You can find a cheaper alternative here. This scrunchie haristyle is too cute for words. If you don't have long hair you can always clip in a few tracks of clip in hair extensions to get that fuller and loose bun look. Securing the buns with scrunchies adds color and replaces the need for jewelery. Not to mention it takes less than five minutes to create this look.View this post on Instagram
- Separate your hair into two parts while leaving out two pieces of hair in the front.
- Clip in 2-3 tracks of clip in hair extensions on each side.
- Twist one side while forming a messy bun and secure it with a clear tie.
- Repeat the same step on the other side.
- Place your scrunchies on both sides.
Hair AccessoriesBesides scrunchies, the second biggest hair trend for 2019 are hair accessories. I can't pin point exactly when this trend started this year but it is one of my favorite hair trends. I just love how a simple hairstyle can be transformed into a super chic one.
Whether your hair is curly or straight, a cute hair pin will add instant glamour to your hair. Just like scrunchies their price can range from a few dollars to hundreds. Here are some cute affordable hair pins you can wear for Memorial Day. I wish you all a very happy Memorial Day weekend. I hope you will give these hairstyles a try. What are your plans this Memorial Day weekend? Please leave a comment below.View this post on Instagram